- Cultivating Yourself
- 1 To govern yourself
is more valuable than a thousand gold coins.
- 2 In an instant, security or danger
depends on how you direct your mind.
- 潛心之下 道德存焉
- 3 Dao and virtue rest within a tranquil mind.
There is strategy even within the turning of a hand.
- One Mind Like Evergreen Pines and Erect Bamboo
- 4 “Maintaining a steadfast mind is more difficult than dying.
- 5 Your mind is apt to change in twelve different directions. Have one mind like evergreen pines and erect bamboo.”
- 口重崑崙山 心深黃河水
- 6 Keep your lips as heavy as the Kunlun Mountains
and your mind as deep as the Yellow River.
- To Become a Great Person
- 7 Sahng-jeh-nim said that to become a great person:
- 取天下之長 捨天下之短
- You must adopt all the merits of people
and abandon all the faults of people.
- (JSD Dojeon 8,3)