- Even While Sleeping,
Sahng-jeh-nim Continues His Work
- 1 A disciple once asked, “Teacher, while You are asleep, You do not allow anyone to wake You, no matter how urgent the matter is. Is there a reason for this?”
- 2 “Even when I sleep, I am giving royal commands in the spirit world. At that time, I am not in the realm of humanity.”
- 3 Even while sleeping, Sahng-jeh-nim was aware of everything.
- 4 Though He appeared to be sound asleep, He would speak to Ho-yun, telling her such things as who would come the following day, what to do with the visitor, and what not to reveal to that person.
- 5 Sahng-jeh-nim did not sleep deeply. His breathing was loud when He was not sleeping and quiet when He was.
- 6 If disciples whispered to one another, thinking Sahng-jeh-nim was asleep, there were grave consequences. Even when sleeping, He could hear everything and read minds.
- (JSD Dojeon 4,49)