- Loyal as the Tides
- 1 One day, Sahng-jeh-nim asked Su-bu-nim, “Are You certain Your mind will not change, even if I die?”
- 2 “How could it change?” She replied.
- 3 Sahng-jeh-nim then recited a verse:
- 無語別時情若月 有期來處信通潮
- 4 Love at the time of a wordless farewell
is like misty moonlight.
- 5 The heart that believes in the promise of return
is as loyal as the tides.
- 6 He then said, “You have three serious diseases. The most serious is erysipelas. I will now extract it.”
- 7 He bit the back of Her hand, leaving a dark bruise. “There is no need to worry about this disease any longer.”
- 8 “Please get rid of the remaining diseases,” She requested.
- 9 “In all matters, there are limitations and responsibilities. In the future, there will be someone to heal You.”
- (JSD Dojeon 10,6)