- The Love of a Grandmother
- 1 One day, someone offered peaches to Sahng-jeh-nim, but He just stared at the fruit for a while. Thinking this strange, Hyung-yul watched carefully and saw that tears were welling up in His eyes.
- 3 “What is the matter?” Hyung-yul asked.
After a pause, Sahng-jeh-nim said, “They remind Me of My grandmother.
- 4 When she was raising Me, she always saved food for Me, saying, ‘I will give this to my grandson.’
- 5 Since she passed away, no one has honored Me like that.” He seemed so lonesome.
- 6 In later years, Hyung-yul said, “Whenever I see a peach, I am vividly reminded of Sahng-jeh-nim.”
- (JSD Dojeon 3,211)