- The Sae-ool Program
- 1 On the night of January 14, at Chey Duk-gyum’s house in Duk-du Village, Sahng-jeh-nim wrote the word sae-ool and then burned the paper.
- 2 Then, He instructed Duk-gyum, “Go to Chey Chahng-jo’s house in Sae-ool Village to share the teachings.”
- 3 When Duk-gyum inquired about how he should do this, Sahng-jeh-nim said, “Clean a quiet room at Chahng-jo’s house. In it, place a large pot of fresh water, and in front of the pot, place forty-nine spoons. Then, gather people to meditate. Have them chant the Shee-chun-ju Mantra seven times.
- 4 After that, gather the spoons in your hands and use them to make a metallic sound while everyone continues to chant the mantra. Do this until the rooster crows. If anyone falls asleep before the rooster crows, that person will die.”
- 5 Following the order, Duk-gyum went to Chahng-jo’s house and did everything he was told.
- 6 The next day, January 15, Sahng-jeh-nim and Wun-il went to Sae-ool Village by way of Baek-ahm Village. Sahng-jeh-nim had Wun-il give Duk-gyum some matches and a scroll they had brought from Baek-ahm Village.
- 7 Written on the scroll were the Tae-eul Mantra and another mantra:
- 天文地理 風雲造化
- 八門遁甲 六丁六甲
- 8 Sahng-jeh-nim told Chahng-jo, “Go outside to see what is going on.”
- 9 Chahng-jo went outside, and when he came back, he reported, “There is talk that policemen, intending to arrest You, are on their way to Baek-ahm Village.”
- 10 “You should also hide,” Sahng-jeh-nim said to Chahng-jo, rising.
- 11 He told Duk-gyum, “Hurry home. They will be here any minute.”
- 12 He asked Chahng-jo for two nyahng and gave the money to a neighbor, Ee Gohng-sahm.
- 13 Sahng-jeh-nim then staggered through a field, saying, “To escape, you must walk like this.” He went directly to Gu-rit-gohl Village.
- (JSD Dojeon 6,74)