- Sahng-jeh-nim Goes Up to and Comes Down from Heaven
- 1 In 1904, Sahng-jeh-nim often flew up into the sky from a hill in Gu-rit-gohl Village.
- 2 Each time He went up and came back down, His clothes would change color. For example, if His clothes were white on the way up, they would become red on the way down.
- 3 When Ho-yun first saw this, she thought He was playing by climbing up a wall, and she said, “The wall will break.”
- 4 Sahng-jeh-nim came back down, and with a thorn in His hand, He chased after her, shouting, “I will sew your lips shut with this.”
- 5 She shrieked with fear and covered her mouth. This attracted a crowd of people.
- 6 “Is it unusual for a child to cry?” Sahng-jeh-nim shouted, and the crowd dispersed.
- 7 A moment later, He again flew up into the sky. Hovering above, He waved for her to come up.
- 8 She yelled, “Goodness, I can’t get up there by myself. Pull me up.” Other disciples strained to see Him far up in the sky.
- 9 Still looking up at Him from the ground, she said, “I am getting dizzy.”
“If you feel dizzy,” He called to her, “lie down and watch.”
- 10 When she lay down, she saw female immortals appear in the sky. Each wore a blue and red gown and a wide-brimmed hat with a string of yellow and blue beads.
- 11 They lowered a rope, at the end of which was a golden foothold shaped like a saddle.
- 12 Sahng-jeh-nim stepped onto it and held the rope. He ascended upward with the female immortals and came back down a while later.
- 13 The rope was red and thin.
- 14 Ho-yun said, “Please cut off a bit of that for me so that I can use it as a purse string.”
“Do you really think this string can be cut?” He asked.
- (JSD Dojeon 7,13)