- The Fundamental Principle of Change
- 1 In conducting a work of renewal, Sahng-jeh-nim wrote the following:
- 萬物資生 羞恥
戊申 十二月 二十四日
- 2 All creatures are born of Mother Earth’s virtue
with shy innocence.
- 3 Release, dispersion, spirit, and dao
are the grand order of change.
- 4 The qi of spring is release.
- 5 The qi of summer is dispersion.
- 6 The qi of autumn is spirit.
- 7 The qi of winter is dao.
- 8 The grand order that governs the change of the four seasons
is controlled by means of qi.
- 9 The great dao mastery of knowing the mind.
December 24, 1908.
- (JSD Dojeon 2,110)